By Anthony E. Clark,Thomas H. Reilly,Robert Entenmann,Linda Gerber,Michael Maher,Liu Anrong,Joseph Tse-Hei Lee
Read Online or Download A Voluntary Exile: Chinese Christianity and Cultural Confluence since 1552 (Studies in Christianity in China) PDF
Best political eastern philosophy books
Containing 118 attractive colour illustrations, this pretty ebook presents an advent to Taoism, one of many nice spiritual and philosophical movements in chinese language notion. Incorporating choices from J. C. Cooper’s writings, it explores the idea that of the Tao (Way), the symbolism of Yin-Yang, and the idea of the major Taoist sages.
Mit Wuwei zum Dao ist ein lang überfälliges Buch, welches einem breiten Publikum die Begriffswelt der daoistischen Sicht des Lebens näher bringt und tiefgreifend erläutert. Es richtet sich an Sinologen, Philosophen, an TCM-Ärzte und Interessierte gleichermaßen und ist insbesondere für all die Praktizierenden des Qigong, des Taijiquan und anderer chinesischer Kampfkünste ein Fundus von unschätzbarem Wert.
A lot because the smooth Western global is anxious with diets, well-being, and anti-aging treatments, many early medieval chinese language Daoists additionally actively sought to enhance their health and wellbeing and bring up their sturdiness via really good ascetic nutritional practices. concentrating on a fifth-century guide of herbal-based, immortality-oriented recipes—the Lingbao Wufuxu (The Preface to the 5 Lingbao Talismans of Numinous Treasure)—Shawn Arthur investigates the diets, their materials, and their anticipated variety of average and supernatural merits.
The Fengdao kejie or "Rules and Precepts for Worshiping the Dao" dates from the early 7th century and is a key textual content of medieval Daoist priesthood and monasticism, which was once first officially equipped within the 6th century. Compiled to serve the desires of either monastic practitioners and monks in education it describes the elemental principles, organizational ideas, and urban institutions of Daoist associations.
- Tao: Wege der taoistischen Lebenskunst (German Edition)
- Existential Psychology and the Way of the Tao: Meditations on the Writings of Zhuangzi
- Basic Practices of the Universal Healing Tao: An Illustrated Guide to Levels 1 through 6
- Great Clarity: Daoism and Alchemy in Early Medieval China (Asian Religions and Cultures)
- The Collected Songs of Cold Mountain
- Taoist Cosmic Healing: Chi Kung Color Healing Principles for Detoxification and Rejuvenation
Additional info for A Voluntary Exile: Chinese Christianity and Cultural Confluence since 1552 (Studies in Christianity in China)
- Jesús María Sanromá: An American Twentieth-Century Pianist by Alberto Hernández
- Ozland (Everland, Book 3) by Wendy Spinale